Want to learn more about Franklin College’s academic and athletic history?
Interested in learning more about the Indiana American Baptists?
Need to focus on the Indiana or Franklin College perspective for a class assignment?
Visit Hamilton Library’s Archives, located on the library’s third floor, to gain an historical, rich alternative for any topic.
If you are unable to visit Archives during business hours, please submit an online archive request.
Additionally, you can email archives at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (317) 738-8163.
Ruth Dorrel, Archivist, or another librarian will assist you.
Who can use Archives?
Archives is open to everyone. All Franklin College students, faculty, staff, alumni can seek help through Archives and check out materials from any of the three collections.
Community members and others may submit questions and/or schedule an appointment.
What is Archives?
The Franklin College Archives consists of two archives and three special collections:
- FC Archives
- Roger D. Branigin Gubernatorial Archives
- Special Collections
- The Indiana American Baptist Collection
- The Franklin College Collection
- Archived editions of The Franklin, The Reporter…
- The David Demaree Banta Collection
- History of Indiana and the Northwest Territory
Where is Archives located?
Archives is located on the third floor of Hamilton Library.
Materials included in the Baptist, Franklin and Banta Collections can be found using OneSearch 2.0.
When can I visit Archives?
Archives is open:
- Monday: 8 am – 12 pm
- Tuesday: 8 am – 12pm
- Thursday: 8 am – 12pm
These times are subject to change. See complete Archives schedule here.
If you are traveling from off-campus, please call before visiting or email the archivist to schedule an appointment.
Why would I want/need to use Archives?
Learn more about Franklin College and its vast academic and athletic history.
Archives houses a rich history of Franklin College, its current/past people and events.
- Information found in archives can help add the Franklin College connection to a world event you may be studying in class.
- Visit archives if you have an assignment pertaining to Franklin College, Governor Roger Branigin, or Indiana history.
- Additionally, you can learn more about a family member/friend who once attended Franklin College.