- Students, faculty, staff, and administrators at Franklin College have access to library resources.
- Learn more about borrowing resources.
|Overdue||$.10 per item, per day|
|Overdue (DVD, Video)||$1.00 per item, per day|
|Overdue (ILL)||$1.00 per item, per day|
|Lost Material||Cost of item + $8.00 service fee|
|Damaged Material||Cost of repair or replacement|
- You may return library materials to Circulation in the library.
- There are also two book drops conveniently located on campus. You may use these book drops 24/7 to return library items:
- West side of the library’s exterior, opposite Hoover-Cline.
- Old Main, under the central staircase, left side.
Food, Drink, and Tobacco
- Drinks are allowed in most areas of the library. Covered containers are preferred.
- Food is allowed in the library, except for the computer labs.
- Dispose of your food/drink waste properly.
- Users are liable for any damage to library property and equipment caused by food or drink.
- Tobacco and e-cigarettes are prohibited in the library, as Franklin College is a tobacco-free campus.
- B.F. Hamilton Library acquires information resources to support the curriculum, for professional development of faculty and staff, and for general and recreational interests of the Franklin College community.
- Resources are acquired in a variety of formats, with an emphasis on online access.
- More detail is available in the Collection Development Policy.
- Instructors may require the use of a resource from the circulation desk.
- At the circulation desk, ask for the resource by sharing your professor’s name and the course number with the library staff on duty.
- The resource will then be checked out to you for use in the library.
- Lending time is generally two hours but is specific to the resource being borrowed.
- If you have questions about reserves, please visit the library or contact us, email@example.com, for more information.
- Hamilton Library and Franklin College are members of the PALNI consortium of 24 private academic libraries.
- PALNI libraries include Butler, DePauw, Hanover, Marian University, and University of Indianapolis.
- You can find resources at other PALNI libraries using OneSearch 2.0.
- If you choose to visit a PALNI library in-person, you can check out materials using your FC OneCard.
- Visit the PALNI website, which provides more information about member libraries, as well as the organization and its mission.