- Students, faculty, staff, and administrators at Franklin College have access to library resources.
- Learn more about borrowing resources.
|Overdue||$.10 per item, per day|
|Overdue (DVD, Video)||$1.00 per item, per day|
|Overdue (ILL)||$1.00 per item, per day|
|Lost Material||Cost of item + $8.00 service fee|
|Damaged Material||Cost of repair or replacement|
- You may return library materials to Circulation in the library.
- There are also two book drops conveniently located on campus. You may use these book drops 24/7 to return library items:
- West side of the library’s exterior, opposite Hoover-Cline.
- Old Main, under the central staircase, left side.
Food, Drink, and Tobacco
- Drinks are allowed in most areas of the library. Covered containers are preferred.
- Food is allowed in the library, except for the computer labs.
- Dispose of your food/drink waste properly.
- Users are liable for any damage to library property and equipment caused by food or drink.
- Tobacco and e-cigarettes are prohibited in the library, as Franklin College is a tobacco-free campus.
We offer a variety of study spaces throughout the library.
- The library’s first floor accommodates group or individual study. This floor is generally busy with visitors coming and going quite frequently.
- The second floor, designated the QUIET floor, is ideal for individual study. However, the second floor lounge and HAM 211, the MAC lab, can be used for group study.
- The third floor is open for group or individual study.
Printing, Copying, and More
|Black and white printing/copies||$.04 per copy ($.07 double-sided)|
|Color printing/copies||$.32 per copy ($.53 double-sided)|
|Scanning to email||FREE|
- Research help is available at the library.
- A librarian will work with you to develop a search strategy, access the right database, and find credible resources.
- Visit Jessica Mahoney in HAM 100, Monday – Friday, 8 am-4 pm. Ask a research question or schedule a research appointment in person or through email.
- You can find research tips by browsing Research Process: What You Need to Know or exploring any of our Research Guides.
- The reference collection is located on the library’s first floor.
- Reference materials are available for use in the library.
- Many reference materials are also available in the library’s “Online Resources.” Credo Reference, Encyclopedia Britannica, and Oxford Reference Online are recommended for quick reference information.
- Materials reserved for use in a specific course may be checked out at Circulation and used in the library. You will need your FC OneCard.
- When requesting reserve items, be prepared to tell the desk attendant your professor’s name and the course number.
- If you have questions about reserves, please visit the library or contact us, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
- Hamilton Library and Franklin College are members of the PALNI consortium of 22 private academic libraries.
- PALNI libraries include Butler, DePauw, Hanover, Marian University, and University of Indianapolis.
- You can find resources at other PALNI libraries using OneSearch 2.0.
- If you choose to visit a PALNI library in-person, you can check out materials using your FC OneCard.
- Visit the PALNI website, which provides more information about member libraries, as well as the organization and its mission.