Food, Drink, and Tobacco
- Drinks are allowed in most areas of the library. Please use a covered container.
- Food is allowed in the library except for the computer labs.
- Dispose of your food/drink waste properly.
- Users are liable for any damage to library property and equipment caused by food or drink.
- Tobacco is prohibited in the library, as Franklin College is a tobacco-free campus.
- If you need to work on a group project or study with a group of students, please use the second floor lounge or the third floor.
Noise and Quiet
- The first floor is generally busy with students, faculty, and staff moving in and out. It may be noisy from time to time.
- The second floor is designated as the QUIET floor, with the exception of HAM 211 (computer lab) and the lounge.
- The third floor is open for group study.
- You may return library materials to Circulation in the library.
- There are also two book drops conveniently located on campus. You may use these book drops 24/7 to return library items.
- One is located on the west side of the library’s exterior.
- The other is located in Old Main, under the central staircase, left side.
- Students, faculty, staff, and administrators at Franklin College have access to library resources.
- Use your FC OneCard to check out materials.
- Learn more about borrowing resources
- Collection Development Policy
|Black and White Printing/Copies||$.03 per copy|
|Color Printing/Copies||$.30 per copy|
|Scanning to Email||FREE|
|Overdue||$.10 per item|
|Overdue (DVD, Video)||$1.00 per item, per day|
|Overdue (ILL)||$1.00 per item, per day|
|Lost Material||Cost of item + $8.00 service fee|
|Damaged Material||Cost of repair or replacement|
- Hamilton Library and Franklin College are members of the PALNI consortium of 23 private academic libraries.
- PALNI libraries include Butler, DePauw, Hanover, Marian University, and University of Indianapolis to name a few.
- You can find resources at other PALNI libraries using OneSearch 2.0.
- If you choose to visit a PALNI library in-person, you can check out materials using your FC OneCard.
- Visit the PALNI website to learn more.
- The reference collection is located on the library’s first floor.
- Reference materials are to be used in the library and are not available for check out.
- Reference materials are also available in the library’s “Online Resources.”
- Research help is available at the library.
- A librarian will work with you to develop a search strategy, access the right database, and find credible resources.
- Visit Jessica Mahoney in HAM 100, Monday – Friday, 8am-4pm. As a research question or schedule a research appointment in person or through email.
- You can find research tips by browsing Research Process: What You Need to Know or exploring any of our Research Guides.
- Materials reserved for use in a specific course may be checked out at Circulation and used in the library. You will need your FC OneCard.
- When requesting reserve items, be prepared to tell the desk attendant your professor’s name and the course number.
- If you have questions about reserves, please visit Circulation on the library’s first floor or Email-A-Librarian.